WEEKLY POSITIVE PARENTING PROGRESS
GOALS FOR POSITIVE PARENTING
[_]1. A safe, interesting environment
[_]2. A positive learning environment
[_]3. Assertive discipline consistently
[_]4. Realistic expectations
[_]5. Parental self-caret
[_]6. Calendar for change
[_]7. Child Advocacy
[_]8. Nutritional awareness
[_]9. Enrichment activities
Personal attributes as well as behavioral determinants will encourage behavior change:
- [_] Self-efficacy: The belief that one has the skills & can perform the principles
- [_] Perceived threat and outcome expectations: Vulnerability
- [_] Perceived Severity: The seriousness of the issue
- [_] Outcome Expectations: Positive benefits as a result from utilizing principles
- [_] Perceived Barriers: Beliefs about & cost of incorporating new principles with behavior
- [_] Social Support: The existing of reinforcement of positive behavior changes from friends, partners, family, etc…
The Stages of Change/Transtheoretical Model:
Where Are You On The Assessment Scale:
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- [_] (0 Relapsed) Not trying
- [_] (1-3 red) Pre-contemplation
- [_] (4-6 yellow) Contemplation
- [_] (7-9) Planning
- [_] (10 green) Maintaining
The purpose of this model is to determine one’s position and the factors that promote or inhibit your process for change.
- [_] Pre-contemplation: Are you aware of your purpose in life?
- There is no intention to change my behavior or belief regarding my destiny to achieve success. I am ignorant to the knowledge of myself. For example: In regards displaying character of weakness or imbalances, I demonstrate this in more than one area.
- [_]Contemplation: Person recognizes that behavior places them at risk:
- I have thought about changing, expressed regrets, due to lack of responsibility, but I am not committed to making personal changes to raise my vibratory rate.
- [_] Planning/Preparation: Person intends to change weak or imbalanced behavior:
- I am getting ready, I may have spoken about changing the way I live or expressed to others about what I am are going to do differently.
- [_] Action:
- I have recently changed a weak trait or an imbalance behavior for at least 6 months
- Maintenance: Person is comfortable with change and has maintained for longer than 6 months.
- I am demonstrating my strengths. I have developed a plan and maintained a routine that I am comfortable with in order to reach my daily, monthly, and yearly goals. (At this stage people may encounter problems trying to maintain this behavior change when in association with those who do not support the change).
- [_] Relapse: I have discontinued change and reverted back to past patterns of weakness or imbalanced behavior:
- This can happen at any stage.